Book Title: IB English A Language & Literature: Course Book: Oxford IB Diploma Program Course Book
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Author: Rob Allison
Fully comprehensive, challenging and engaging, this text was developed with the IB to exactly match the 2011 syllabus for SL and HL. With unparalleled insight into IB assessment, complete with examiner guidance, it will concretely equip your learners to tackle the course and assessment.
· The most comprehensive and accurate match to the most recent syllabus, developed with the IB and written by IB workshop leaders and authors of the syllabus
· Fully captures the IB spirit, thoroughly incorporating fresh and topical TOK to drive independent thought
· Comprehensive support for 'language in a cultural context,' building international-mindedness in a linguistic context
· Current, diverse and topical text extracts from Wikileaks to graffiti to advertisements will resonate with learners
· The best integration of the IB philosophy, with evocative activities to help students think creatively and discerning questions to drive critical thought
· Packed with accurate assessment support, directly from the IB, including examiner guidance, model answers, assessments advice and more, completely aligned to the new assessmentAbout the Series:
Oxford's IB Diploma Course Books are essential resource materials designed in cooperation with the IB to provide students with extra support through their IB studies. Course Books provide advice and guidance on specific course assessment requirements, mirroring the IB philosophy and providing opportunities for critical thinking.